Planning for MMM 2020

Planning continues for MMM 2020 – confirmation coming in August               

We had our first face to face committee meeting last week in Kerry’s garden (socially distanced of course), since lockdown began. We are still hoping to hold the 2020 Mourne Mountain Marathon in September. However as we are sure you can appreciate, the uncertainty that still exists around easing of COVID-19 restrictions has posed challenges.

In particular we are still working on getting access to the Mournes, finding additional volunteers and managing social distancing. Some of these are outside of our control and if the event does go ahead, the format, most likely will be different to past years. In addition a second wave of the virus may also undo our plans, but at the moment we are working within the boundaries which currently or are anticipated to exist.

Decision on 2020 event to be announced at start of August

At the start of August we will either be announcing that entries are open or informing you of the regrettable decision to cancel. Keep an eye on our social media channels and our website, where we will let you know what our plans are, the proposed format and hopefully, how to enter.

Thanks for your patience and rest assured that we are doing all we can to bring you a safe and friendly event.

If you haven’t already, we hope you have lots of opportunities to get out in the hills over the summer. Stay safe and hope to see you for the 41st Mourne Mountain Marathon – 19th & 20th September 2020 👍😎🌄

Mourne Mountain Marathon Committee