Update on the 2020 Event from the Mourne Mountain Marathon Committee
During this time of COVID-19 / Coronavirus restrictions we are sure that you, like us, are missing being out in the hills. We would like to update you on our plans for the Mourne Mountain Marathon 2020.
Given the current uncertainty around COVID-19, we have decided to delay the opening of entries for 2020 until we have more certainty around restrictions and the evolution of the virus. We are still hopeful of holding the event and we will continue to plan and prepare for it. We will give good notice of the opening date when we can confirm it, so please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for future announcements.
The Mourne Mountain Marathon Committee is monitoring the COVID-19 situation and the health and well-being of our competitors, volunteers, suppliers and local communities is a primary concern. Our response to the virus will be guided by advice from the UK Government and the Public Health Agency.
We hope you are feeling well and continue to stay safe in the coming weeks. Fingers crossed we can all look forward to the 41st Mourne Mountain Marathon, on the 19th & 20th September 2020.
Mourne Mountain Marathon Committe