2011 RESULTS & PICTURES
Due to two controls (227 and 233) going missing on Sunday we have have to had to make two adjustments to results on E, B and C.
- Control 233 was removed from the listings. This has no affect on timings.
- The times for the legs before and after Control 227 were discounted. This removes a large but variable amount of wasted time for teams in the E and B courses – although you can still see the difference in the Splits by comparing the “FINISH” time on the right with the overall “TIME” . The affect it has on the results may seem odd but it is the fairest (and only) way to deal with this unfortunate situation. The impact on the 1st and 2nd Elite positions was to pull them to within 5 seconds of each other and, after some discussion, it was agreed by all parties that they be awarded joint first place.
We would like to apologise to all teams affected by the missing controls. We hope it didn’t spoil your day too much and we would like to assure you that we will do our very best to prevent this happening in the future.
Visit www.splitsbrowser.org.uk for a groovy graphical comparison of your split times. Go to the Events section and select Day 1 or Day 2 splits for Lowe Alpine Mourne Mountain Marathon.
How to use Splits Browser
1) First select the team you want to compare yourself with in the “COMPARE WITH” box at the top.
2) The time axis (horizontally Left to Right) is set for the team you have selected in the Compare With box
3) The time axis is broken up into the leg sections. The width of each section is the proportion of that leg time compared to the total time of the selected team.
4) If you now select your team (from the LHS), the graph shows how long you took to do each leg.
– A FLAT line means you took the same time
– A DOWNWARD line means you took longer
– An UPWARD lines means you were quicker
– The STEEPNESS indicates how much faster or slower you were on that leg.
A good way to get your head around this is to COMPARE WITH someone you know or were competing against because then you will see faster and slower legs as opposed to just seeing a plunging graph when compared to the winner.
You can display as many runners as you like but don’t forget that the time axis is always set by the COMPARE WITH team – ie: if you also select this team, their graph will be flat.
The Tick Boxes on the bottom RHS determine what types of time are shown on the RH side. The graph gets scrunched as you click these on in order to allow the extra text to be displayed.
N.B. Splitsbrowser does not make sense in a cluster !!