Full results for the two day event can be found here
Prizes were awarded to 1, 2 & 3 in each class and 1st Female, Mixed and Veteran teams in E, B & C Classes plus 1st Family team in the C Class only. The Class winners were:
- Winners of Elite class Shane Lynch & Jonny Kendall 10hrs 32min
- Winners of B class Mark Stephens & Colm Moran 8hrs 31min
- Winners of C class William Winter & Andrew Dames 6hrs 57min
- Winners of D class Barry Spence & Clifford Jones 07hrs 25min
- First Family Team were Trevor & Cameron Martin 7th place overall and 8hrs 13min
Split-times for both days can be viewed via the links below will show your course
- A vast number of photos taken by various people (thank you all). Hosted on flickr.
Routegadget ( lvo.routegadget.co.uk ) will show your course animated using average time for each straight leg but you can over plot this by drawing in your actual route to each control. If you have a GPS file from your watch you can upload this for the ultimate post-event-navigational-angst-fest. See our FAQ section for a brilliantly written guide on how to use Routegadget. (If you don’t like it then search the web for one of the many shaky video guides)
N.B. Unfortunately, if you are hand drawing your route, RG won’t work with if you didn’t do the cluster in the default order provided. Sorry about this. GPS plots work fine as RG just runs it as given.
- Route cards for all courses are here.
Pictures of route maps with routes drawn on by the lead teams.
MMM 2016 Event Report
- Read all about the thrills and spills across the 2 days in Jim Brown’s report
- Follow Mark Robson’s journey to enlightenment through 2015. Share in the tears and laughter (mostly tears) as he prepared his body and mind in “Mark Robson’s blog“
- Claire Withers shares her story from the C Class – here
- Pernilla Berg’s account form the first mixed team is always worth a read – especially if you like swedish (use google translate).
- This C Class piece by Eamonn Patton is well worth a read – if only for this line ” I’d carted two large steaks with garlic butter around with me all day, but when we tasted them, the extra effort was well worth it! ” – click here
To keep up to date with the Mourne Mountain Marathon, follow us on Facebook and twitter:
Finally, please take a few moments to view the acknowledgements for all the help we had in putting on the event. Click here.